Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Ma'am - Happy Birthday:-)


My Ma'am

I thought very much while I was writing about ma'am. Its hard to explain in my small words. She is the only one whom I respect,whom I call ma'am. Generally for the Gujarati medium student English subject is very irritating and it was also irritating for me from the 1st std. as I am in Gujarati medium. If someone told me to write some thing in English I got threatened.

I remember that when I was going to the English tuition, one day teacher told me to write a story. fuuuu!!! I went home and cried a lot that I don't want to write a story and finally copied from storybook.

Afterwards one aunty who was living near our house,advised my mom to take me to the Ilaxi ma'am. First time when I met her She sweetly asked me my name and my standard. After one month I joined 'Swagat children library'.

I was feeling very odd on the first day as I found ma'am very strict. Day passed by slowly and gradually I understood that how lucky I am! who got teacher like Ilaxi ma'am.

Each and every class is very special for me. I learn so many things. I even had Personality development class with her. I learnt good manners, how to talk to parents and elders, how to present on stage confidently, voice modulation and many other things. She is the one made me discover my inner strength and motivated me. When I was attending English tuition earlier, at some other class, teacher was complaining my mom that Tulsa is very weak,she didn't have concentration in class etc. But no one try to understood me.I am glad Ilaxi ma'aam believed me.

After joining 'Swagat children library' I found real teacher who was Ilaxi ma'am. I found joy of giving. It is not tuition its like a fun and learn class. Study and Fun both we enjoy in class. After sometime I have started speaking in English and reading novels. Whenever I found my mood off , I did her homework and automatically my mood was on!! Everyone was telling me that I am nothing. But after joining class I came out from all this. I feel proud that I am able to speak in English though I am in Gujarati medium, I am blogger. All this credit goes to Ilaxi ma'am. I am proud to be her student. I feel today that I am something. I have my own Identity.

I was like a 'Duffer girl' but ma'am fully changed me. I took inspiration from her. She is Content manager and works day in and out. Earlier she was Official Blogger and VA of M.J.Akbar. She has so many blogs and writes on different topics like politics, health, kids etc. She spend Saturdays for Swagat children since over 20 years. She types very fluently with great speed. She is house wife too and manage all things on her own. Her life is full of inspirations. I never felt bore while doing her any work.

I haven't more words to write about her. She is the one who has taken place in my heart. After god and my family. She is the most lovely, important, unforgettable, respectable person in my life. She changed my life and way of living.

My dream is to make her proud and write a book on her when I grow up. Today 22 October is her birthday. I haven't any precious gift to give her. So I gift this article to her.

Thank you ma'am for making me believe in myself.

-Tulsa

2 comments: